I woke this morning not really excited about going to church, but understood I couldn't start the year without giving God my time. I am so glad I went, because I was truly bless in every way. The praise and workship part of the service was on point and when they started sing that God is the Alpha and Omega and then went into another song that ended with AMEM repeating and repeating I knew that the angels were praising right with us. Pastor Tony got up to receive the offering and before the offering he just let go about how good GOD was in 2008 and how he brought him and his family through. I couldn't help, but to praise God. I know that GOD was on my side in 2008.
Then, Pastor Jeff message was taken from Phil 3:13, which in short is about forgiveness. In the margin of my Bible, I had a comment from Pastor Terry, which was written three years back, and it said, "Forget the pain, but remember the lesson." OMG! There were so many lessons in 2008 that were painful and I wish not to bring them in 2009. However, I can also say the blessing were just as good.
What I got from today's message (1) Set goals (I'm right on target) that are simple, attainable and measurable. You should have a spiritual, personal and financial goal (Well, I listed a few personal and financial goals on Jan 1). (2) Have a vision and understand that a vision isn't an idea, but a picture of were you see yourself. (i.e. One of my goals it to be DEBT FREE. I need to see myself without any credit card debt, which is simple, attainable and measurable.)
I know 2009 will be a successful year!

Your blog looks good. Glad you had a wonderful day of service. Talk to ya later.
ReplyDelete