Friday, January 23, 2009

I've fallen, but I'm back on!

I can't believe it's been over two weeks, since my last blog posting. The other week, I had the nerve to complain about my sister not posting often...shame on me. However, I'm back!

We have a new president, I got a raise, my son turned "17" and I've signed up for my first belly dancing class. lol

Tuesday, January 20 "Inauguration Day"

I knew once I got up and started watching "The Today Show" I wouldn't want to go to work, because I didn't want to miss the Obama's. So when I got to work, I got my desk in order to work, but before started I went to the COO office to see about turning on the 60 inch flat screen television, in the boardroom, for the 11:00 cst inauguration of Obama. I am so hype about this day! I got the thumbs up, because she also wanted to view. I wasn't sure if it would be allowed, because I know she's a republican and “don’t talk politics at work” society we live in. However, I can say I should have been at home anyway watching, because I couldn't talk to the T V and really let my tears of joy flow. Instead I seat there quiet, reserve and allow a small stream of tears to linger down my face. Therefore, I didn't really like the vibe, but appreciated the extended kindness. I should have just stayed at my desk and watched on the Internet.



Then I missed the first inaugural ball of President Obama and the First Ladydancing, because Joshua had engineering club meeting and he wanted to go. I know we could have missed his club meeting, but he missed last months meeting due to finals. Since, the meeting is 1 1/2 hours I just waited. I thought Michelle's dress was nice. It reminded me of a white wedding dress. It was such an exciting day and night for the world.



Thursday, January 15 Happy Birthday Joshua!!!!!

Today is MLK's B-day and my son's. As a mother, you always remember the birth of your child in great detail. I remember it was the coldest day of the year (1992) and thinking since I was having an epidural Joshua would be born quickly. Well I was at the hospital at 6am and he wasn't born until 9:18 pm. lol

God has truly bless me with a wonderful son. I can say he is a much better child than I ever was, because I tried my parents whenever I got the opportunity. If they gave me an inch, I would take a mile. Now, I am not say that we haven't had our challenges, but I have welcomed then. They have been huge learning lesson for both of us. You learn a lot about yourself when you have a teenager. lol You pretty much become a tape recorder. I say the same things over and over again. I guess that is what Our Heavenly Father has to continue to do with his children..preach, teach and explain the same things over and over again. :o)

After having my one year anniversary in my career/new position/new employer, I got a raise. However, it wasn't anywhere near what I wanted or deserved, but it was something and I will not complain eventhough I want too...I just can't. I am so thankful to be gainfully employed. Plus I know the Lord blessed me with my job and he will continue to meet my needs and some of my wants.








God is GOOD!

Lechelle

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back.
    1. I also remember when josh was born. I was almost twelve and daddy called. Remember I wanted you to name him Martin :)
    2. I too could not enjoy the inaugaration because of work.
    3. Just thank God for getting any kind of bonus and also think of all the gifts and perks you have recieved this year. It is a blessing to be employed period.
    Hope you have more post to come.

    ReplyDelete