I received a text from an old male friend from Chi-town. It was a complete shock! We hadn’t spoken in over a year maybe two. I have always enjoyed talking with him and to receive his text put an enormous smile on my face. He is such a breath of fresh air when it comes to men.Here is....
· Great communicator
· Very handy
· Knows how to cook
· Great sense of humor
· True gentleman
· Nice looking (not fine)
I am surprise he has not been taken off the market.
We had a very interesting conversation.
Chi-town: Good morning
Me: Good morning stranger, how r u doing? What’s new?
Chi-town: I know it’s been a while, new gig that’s about it how are u.
Me: What r u doing now? New gig for me…blah blah blah. How’s the fam?
Chi-town: account manager for blah blah. Family is cool and crazy and yours
Me: Fam is good…just pushing J in school blah blah blah. How long at the new gig? U finish ur book?
Chi-town: Yeah focus for boys is tuff, week 2 at the new gig, the book was dun a few years back, shopped it shelved it, since then I’ve experienced a hellva lot more. lol
Me: More what? Love?
Chi-town: More love more pain more debauchery, life is a circus you either the clown or the ringmaster.
Me: lol so true? Gosh that was a great analogy. I’m lol…I feel like the clown right now trying to become the ringmaster.
Chi-town: I just finished being the clown I think we all go through phases.
Me: Sorry to hear that. Relationships shouldn’t be so hard. How were u the clown? Usually u aren’t getting something u need/require from them.
Chi-town: exactly, nothing bogus like cheating
Me: I know, mine is communication blah blah
Chi-town: You preaching to the choir, this had a crazy blah blah and no relationship experience.
Me: lol…drama…sounds like me. I’m thinking too much drama
Chi-town: Right sometimes people make shit complex just because, anywho on a lighter note, what u build lately.

In your life do you feel like the "Clown" or the "Ringmaster"?
I feel like the clown in all areas of my life (job, relationship, & life). I feel like I'm getting the short in of the stick at work and my relationships. It feels like everything is eating at me.

I think a lot of the times we allow ourselves to be clown in situations because we don't want to be realistic about what is going on.
ReplyDeleteI know I have.
Right now I feel like I am the ringmaster.
I was the clown in my 20's. I asked God to give me the strength to control my life...meaning my love life from a string of losers. I found myself clowned by people who weren't on my level to begin with. It was all about compromise, settling, and lonliness or afraid of being lonely. When I look back, I cringe....uggh.
ReplyDeleteA person who loves and respects what God created them to be is a Ringmaster. A person who is loved and respected by their mate is a Ringmaster.
I accepted I was a Ringmaster after I got tired of being clowned by Clowns. I stopped making time for clowns and games.
Ringmasters deserve Ringmasters baby. Together you can clown this thing called life. Maybe you and Chi town can hook up.
Oh I meant to add you're not a clown! You just need to look beyond them one ring circus acts. lol.
ReplyDeleteAs far as jobs are concerned, the market is bad, these jobs are clowning everybody right now, but the table will certainly turn one day.
Amen Angela.
ReplyDeleteThanks KeKe and Angela for your insight. You are both correct.
ReplyDeleteI have done some things to be more of the ringmaster and not the stupid clown, because believe me you do feel like a clown when things aren't going as plan and you feel out of control.
Angela: I like when you said, "I got tired being the clown by Clowns."
Keke: I agree about not being "realistic."
great post and great responses. Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I have missed you!In reading this all I could come up with is that everyone at one time or another has been a clown. How we choose to move forward after knowing we've been a clown is key for me. Been there done that , not buying any more. It gets easier to recognize it sooner each time it happens, and hopefully not at all, as time goes on. I know I'm talking to myself..Thanks♥
ReplyDeleteThanks Cici! Good information for all. You definitely aren't talking to yourself. :o)
ReplyDelete