Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You Think You Have It Bad

You think you have it bad, but we sometimes don't appreciate how bless we are. I called a friend that I hadn't spoken too, since October/November 2008 timeframe. She was on my mind, because I hadn't taken the time to visit her new baby boy, Josiah. :o)

I called and we were having a good conversation and then I realize I hadn't asked about Josiah.

Me: How is your baby boy?
My Friend: He was sold on the Internet.
Me: Girl stop playing!
My Friend: I'm serious.

I'm feeling like I'm watching a Lifetime movie.

Me: What???
My Friend: My roommate sold him on the Internet to someone in Texas.
Me: Okay, I'm confused. How did she do that?
My Friend: She was keeping him while I was working and I came home and they were gone. I called her cell and she said she was in Texas and wasn't coming back. I told her she needs to bring my baby back.
Me: Oh God!

Now my friend lost a baby several years ago and she thought she would never be able to conceive. So I know that Josiah is a blessing to her.

Me: What did you do?
My Friend: I called the TX city police department and got an attorney.
Me: Where is the ex-roommate?
My Friend: She in jail and I'm being investigated.
Me: WHY?
My Friend: She said I was abusing Josiah.
Me: What?
My Friend: It has been a mess. I didn't know that she was on the crack. She had gone to TX a few months ago and said she was going to move there.
Me: I don't know what to say.
My Friend: Girl, she went down there and got Josiah insurance and everything. I had no idea she had done any of this.
Me: What in the world?
My Friend: I'm tired of fighting.
Me: Do you still want Josiah?
My Friend: Yes
Me: Then you need to fight for him.
My Friend: I just lost my job. Maybe he'll be better with someone else.
Me: Girl, I will pray that you find another job and Josiah will back safe with you.
My Friend: The baby's father is so pissed at me, because he feels that I should have known who was living with me. He’ll probably fight for custody of Josiah.
Me: Did you know her family? You think he’ll fight for custody.
My Friend: They have been over my house visiting. I just didn't see any signs. Yeah, because he went the legal route to get visitation. I did see Josiah this weekend.
Me: How?
My Friend: They brought him here. I can't know where he is; because DFS is still investigating. He looks fine and even happy.
Me. That's good. I just don’t understand how they believe her. She stole and sold your baby.
My Friend: She’s saying I knew about everything.
Me: Oh my God! When did all of this happen?
My Friend: In March.
Me: I would have been hysterical.
My Friend: I was, but now I'm trying to get through this.
Me: This is hard for me to digest. We'll have to get together for dinner soon.

What has this world come too? There are some crazy people in this world. That why I don’t easily trust people.

Please Pray For My Friend and Josiah!

9 comments:

  1. Wait, this is a joke right?

    You cannot be serious...... :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I will definately keep them in my prayers. That is craziness. When I saw the womam I would beat the mess out of her. Seriously. You do not mess with children. And mine at that.
    If the friend supposedly thought that the child was being abused why didn't she go to the police in the first place. Something about this story doesn't sound right. Your friend saying that she is tired of fighting sounds crazy. Not fighting for my child, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if I haven't done anything wrong. Please. I am not in your friends shoes so maybe I don't understand her feelings right now. So I am going to stop writing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a total mess. It does sound fishy though. Her roommate was a crack addict and she didn't see ANY signs??? And then she left the child with the addict?? Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a true story!!!! It was hard for me to digest. I just can't believe this could happen. You hear things like this happening, but to actually know someone going through this is shocking.

    I think the reason she is tired, because everything is on her and right now she doesn't have a job and the bills are still coming...Just A Lot Of Stress. She doesn't have the support or upbring we have had in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's in her mid-twenties. So she's young.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She needs a good attorney. Where is crazy Gloria Allred when you need her? This has to be a terrible nightmare for your friend.

    I'm like Lechelle, I would have beat her like Joe Frazier, but then she does have abuse allegations. That stupid friend of hers deserves to me in jail.

    I don't understand why they won't give temporary custody to the father in this case until the mom is evaluated through supervised visits. This is so unfair to both parents.

    There was a crazy case in Mississippii where some stupid woman tried to sale her baby on the internet. MS. didn't have a law against selling your children. I thought that was a federal crime.

    That's the most crazy thing I've heard in the long time. Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean, I feel like kmr. It's past my bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a total nutcase. :(

    I'm just sad for the baby.

    ReplyDelete