Sunday, May 3, 2009

Paste House For Dinner

My son had his piano recital today and he did Great! You can call me a bad mother, because I didn't invite his grandfather, auntie or friends and family. Time just got away and I believe it is so rude to wait until the last minute to invite people. So, I didn't say a word. Therefore, it was just J's grandmother and me there for support. I'll do better next year.

After his recital I knew I would take him out to eat, since we painted his room yesterday and I really didn't feel like cooking. Well, I asked his if he wanted Longhorn or Applebee's. He said, "Longhorn." We ended up going to Pasta House, because it's closer to home and I knew if we went to Longhorn we wouldn't get down until after 7pm and we still needed to wash clothes, clean golf clubs, and get his room back in order from painting.

We decided to order Pasta House to go. I got my favorite, Pasta Con Broccoli, and J got Lasagna. We order salad and dessert, Three Layer Chocolate Cake and Caramel Pecan pie. We waited at the bar, which was a mistake. I got a Lemon Drop drink and J got a virgin strawberry drink. My drink was a little strong. lol

God gives you second chances, which sometimes they are strange second chances. I wonder if he gives you the chances to see if you will do what you say you would do if given the opportunity. I had that moment at the Pasta House Bar area while waiting on my drink and food. A couple of weeks ago, I saw this female whose natural hair was absolutely beautiful. She had it in a puff. I thought, dang I wish my hair look like that.

Just a little background. I have been natural - no relaxer - for about a year, but was pressing my hair until January. I have been trying to find the right product to help my natural kinky curly hair and it has been a journey. So, to see sista hair looking nice and her being all natural I was in awe, but I didn't say anything about how nice her hair was and I said to myself, "If I see her again I'm going to pay her a compliment."

While I was sitting at the bar guess who walked in with her son, the female with the slamming hair. lol Here it goes time for me to do what I told God I would do. :-) The Female with the Slamming Hair sits down at the bar.

Me: Your hair is pretty.
Slamming Hair Female: Thank you
Me: How long have you been natural?
Slamming Hair Female: Nine Years

I'm thinking you were natural when it wasn't popular and not very acceptable.

Me: It looks very nice. I've been noticing that it takes nine months to a year for natural hair to get where you are happy.
Slamming Hair Female: Every time I think about do something different I can't.
Me: Don't!!!
Slamming Hair Female: I can't. It takes a lot of time to take care of it. I don't have to worry about cutting my ends blah blah blah.

We had a GREAT conversation! We talked about natural black folk’s hair to how our sons have helped us to see our black men.

The reason why I'm sharing this story in my blog is because God is dependable and true to his word in the smaller area and we must also. I told God if I ever saw "Slamming Hair Female" again what I would do.

How have you keep your word to God?

1 comment:

  1. I love how you make me think, It's a very good question and I guess I needed to hear it now. What comes to mind is, all the how I have "Not" kept my word to God, so thanks for reminding me that I have my word to God in some areas, the one that comes to mind right now is to Bless everyone, no matter who they are. It has become apart of my routine. When I first meet someone, the grocery clerks, the customers I encounter each day, even many that I don't see. I usually say a silent Namaste greeting.I love doing this. Thanks again for helping me to see the good things♥

    ReplyDelete