Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Darcy's Botanical Hair Products

I haven't had chemicals in my hair for 16 months and stopped pressing 4 months ago, which was brave for me. However, these last four months have been interesting. The biggest struggle has been finding the products that work well on my hair.

A few months ago, I found Mature Natural Weblog and she posted about Darcy's Botanical Madagascar Vanilla Styling Crème.



I was hesitate to try, because it has aloe vera and I wasn't sure if it would be a good ingredient for my hair. Mature Natural assured me that aloe vera wouldn't dry out my hair. A few weeks ago, I placed my order and was extremely excited when my product arrived. I didn't have to wait long...very good service, which is a huge plus.

I immediately have seen GREAT results. Now, my hair has so much moisture. The dry and brittleness has disappeared. HOORAY!

This product is a keeper and I can't wait to try more of her products.

What hair product is a "must" for you and why?

11 comments:

  1. Still have yet to use my vanilla creme...mostly because I wasn't sure how to incorporate it into my hair...
    but my staple these days has to be Donna Maries Lock & Twist Pudding...it has aloe in it as well, and leaves my hair with plenty of moisture!

    glad u had success with darcy's;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lechelle,

    You make me want to end my days of perming. I don't know what I'd do with natural hair. That would be interesting.

    Thanks for your comment on Viva today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't become a product junkie yet. Mainly because I don't really do my own hair unless its necessary. What I have done to my hair on my own is knot it. I used Leave in Conditioner, gloss and pantene relaxed and natural creame and H2o . It came out good. I tried it all wet and didn't like as much but it was still cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies,

    Thanks for sharing.

    Chai: I have never heard of Donna Maries Lock & Twist Pudding. I'll have try it.

    Angela: This is the perfect time for you to go natural. You aren't in the Corporate America workforce. There are so many blogs and youtubers to help you through the transition. You should consider.

    Sister: You should come over and use some of my products. I have enough for both of us. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Greg Juice" from Oyin Handmade. An oil-free spritz that leaves lasting moisture my hair without weighing it down. Once a week I'll use Oyin's styling serum to do twists, and I use the Greg Juice to moisturize every morning during the week. Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Velvet,
    I just received a sample order from Oyin Handmade. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon.

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels like I have tried every hair product on the market. I haven't colored or permed my hair in 5 years. It took awhile to get use to it, but I know I will never go back. I use to use Carol's Daughter products. These days, I use a good moisturizer(Eucerin) and aloe vera. This styling cream you recommend sounds great. Does it have a smell? My main priority is that I don't like the smells of most hair products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cici, I really like the smell. It's not to strong. It's more on the side of vanilla bean. Wait cici do you use Eucerin in your hair? Eucerin is extremely thick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep.. I use Eucerin on everything, body and hair. I have extremely dry skin, I love how it soaks into my hair and scalp after awhile. It's the ultimate moisturizer and acts like a hair balm

    ReplyDelete
  10. My "must" is Ohm Body Sweet Hair Pudding.

    I am so in love with this stuff.

    I'm wondering if the Darcy's Madagascar is similar and am dying to try it but trying to put my PJ tendencies to rest. LOL

    Check out my Ohm Body Sweet Hair Pudding review at: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com/2009/04/review-ohm-body-sweet-hair-pudding.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, I have to give praise to Donna Marie Lock and Twist also.

    It makes plump twists that last.

    ReplyDelete