I know it has been awhile, but the second week of every month my job is exhausting. Our financial statements are due to the owners and upper-management. I work extremely hard to make sure our deadline is met and with God's help we have been successful. That is why I missed Al Jarreau concert last week. I was looking forward to attending, but didn't leave work until 7pm and the concert started at 8pm. I really wanted to see him, because I have never had the pleasure. I guess I will catch him next time.
I have been involved in activates that I have never done or haven't done in awhile. A few weeks ago I mention belly dancing, which I have missed two classes. I know, but things have been out of control. However, last week I attended a "Pole Dancing/Lap Dancing class for a "Girl's Night Out" evening. I have always wanted to take the class, but never follow through with one. The class was at a fitness club schedule for 10:45pm. I told a male friend about the class. He questioned the time and said, "Are you sure you aren't striping at a strip club." lol
It was about 12-15 females. I was expecting a room full of poles, but to my surprise it was only two poles. The room was dark with lights you would fine at a club. I guess the atmosphere was that of a strip club. It put me in mind of the movie "The Players Club." The instructor started us with a strip tease. She had the choreography all together. It was quite interesting. I had on my black high-heel with black workout pants and black and gray short sleeves shirt.
It was very difficult trying to dance in them, but I was holding my own. Lets just say I didn't break my ankles or trip. Then it was time for the pole instructions. OMG that is hard work. You need to have great upper body strength. She showed use three pole positions. The next day my biceps, triceps along with my obliques were killing me. They hurt for two days. My sister was also in pain, but it was her thighs. It was definitely a GREAT workout and we had a great time. I would love to do it again, but it's not in the budget. :-)
I love to bake, but haven't had the desire for over a year. However, a few weeks ago a male friend asked me to make him an apple crisp, which I did. He said it was the best one I had ever made, which I was surprised since I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour. Well, since the apple crisp I have done key lime cupcakes and banana nut bread, which both were delicious. The key lime cupcakes were inspired by my son. He likes key lime and requested a key lime dessert. We actually made them together. It was our bonding time together. Here is our creation. Don't they look yummy!
I will do my best to post more often. My goal each month is to post more than the previous month.
Love ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ha your friend is funny. Who is this friend? Sorry just being a noosy sister.lol You making apple crisps an things for him. Interesting.
ReplyDeleteOkay those cupcakes look real good. I have a cheap set of decorating tips and disposable bags that work pretty good. I got them at target.
Great blog. Its always cool to try new things even if it hurts a little. Baked goods looked good too...
ReplyDelete