Sunday, February 8, 2009

"No Dogs Allowed"

This weekend my cousin's were in town to visit. Now, these are my cousin's (Matthew and Angela) who I spent every summer together has a youngest. We would meet in Memphis at our Granny's house or in St. Louis. There purpose for coming was for them to see their father and check on his health. He is seventy years old, with a prosthetic leg, partially blind and living in a senior citizen home. So, when I got the text from Angela they were coming. I knew they would probably stay with me. But when I found out they were bring Angela's daughter's dog, Lulu, plans changed.

I like animals, but just don't care for them in my home. I find them to be a handful; shots, food, bathes, attention and etc. In short, they are a lot of work and I'm not willingly to deal with the responsibility. Therefore, I don't have a dog and with not allow my son to have one. Even though, he has insisted he will take care of it. Well, I remember saying the same words. See, when I was in the 4th grade my mother made the mistake of purchasing a long hair Chihuahua for me, but against my father's wishes. Well, you know I didn't take care of Butch and it turn out to be my mother's dog and her responsibility. :-) Therefore, I'm not falling for the okey dokey.

My mother was kind to extend her home for them to stay with the dog. When they arrived, Friday night, I went over my mom’s house and I was outdone when I saw the huge cage they had Lulu in. I was expecting a small crate. I was so glad I said, “No Dogs Allowed” at my place, because when they would have taken that cage out of the SUV I would have been so pissed at myself. I stayed and talked for about an hour. It was late and I had a baking soda and conditioner treatment in my hair for the first time and needed to get back home and rinse out. I wasn't sure of the results and nerves in the process. However, it turned out GREAT!

I really wanted my cousin's to stay with me, but I am so glad I said, No Dogs Allowed.” When I spoke with my mom the next morning she said the dog pissed on her carpet, which she had just had cleaned. I am so thankful the Lulu stayed with her. lol

Here are some pics of Lulu. She's is a cute dog, but just not allow in my home.





1 comment:

  1. Ha. That's funny. I remember your dog and I don't remember you ever taking care of it.

    ReplyDelete