Monday, March 23, 2009

Was That In Your Budget?

Yesterday, I went to my favorite finance blog "Fabulous Financial". She posted about the fabulous shoes she purchased from 6pm.com. I was not familiar with the site and could not believe they had Nine West shoes for $19.99 a pair for my size 8.5. Normally, my size is the first to fly off the shelves.

The shoe purchase was not in my budget. I actually took the funds from my efund (emergency fund) to purchase them, which was a big NO NO. I justified the purchase in my mind by saying, "I will replace the funds before the end of month." See, this is a problem. Whenever I save I have a habit of going into my efund/saving and using it.

I know the shoes could have waited and they should have. I need to practice self-discipline with my money.

Here is a picture of one of pairs the shoes. The other pair is no longer available. Please note I could have purchased six pairs. So, I guess you can say I practiced some self-discipline. lol



FYI: I didn't realize it was a weekend only sale. The shoes now have a price tag of $40.95.

How do you practice self-discipline?

3 comments:

  1. I have been doing better because I don't have time to shop like I used to. Plus I cant buy shoes over the internet. When you go to make a purchase you need to look in your closet and see if it is a necessity. If you say no then don't buy. Also look in your closet and look at the things with all the tags that have never been worn. Add up all the fees. That is a reality check for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I practice self discipline by staying away from stores. I love to shop. Actually I've felt so guilty about shopping lately I haven't bought anything really significant in months. However, $19.99 is a good deal. I can't help you Lechelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited the website and I must admit, they have some nicely priced shoes. I saw a pair a liked as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you'll visit often.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete