My friend's, Tiffany, wedding was this weekend. It was really nice, but at the same time difficult. I am not sure if you understand. Let me make it clear.
I purchase another wig last week, because I was tired of the other wig hanging in my face and I'm trying to allow my hair to grow. It's a short wig with hair in my face and taper in the back. It's cute. So, I got up shampooed (as my sister would say - you shampoo your hair and wash a car. lol) my hair with HairVeda Amala Cream Rinse (Creamy & Mild Cleanser) that I purchased about five month ago. I actually like the way my hair felt afterwards. It wasn't the squeaky clean feeling I get from my shampoo bar, but more of the clean, light and fluffy feel. I deep conditioned with HairVeda SitriNillah, which works fine until I find something else I like better. Then I twisted my hair with Mango and Lime Gel. I should have started twisting my hair at 1:30pm, instead of 2:30 since I need to be out the door for Tiffany's wedding at 3:45pm - 4:00pm.

I'm rushing around the house trying my darnest to get out of the house, but couldn't leave until I had J take my picture. I only allow him to take a head shot, because I really need to tight the back up. I get into my car, entered the address in my GPS and off I went. The wedding is suppose to start at 4:30pm and my GPS said I should arrive at 4:40pm. This is one time I hope the wedding doesn't start on time. lol I get there at the 4:40pm. I'm not really feeling the wedding, because of my love life. However, I am extremely happy for Tiffany and know once the wedding starts my heartache will surpass.
The wedding wasn't at a church, which I thought it was until the wedding day. I talk to Tiffany at least twice a week on my way to work, but we had never discussed where the wedding would take place. It at a dance studio. So I walked in very confused were to sit and since I didn't know anyone I was perplexed where to even sit. I sat at a table in the back with an older women, her daughter and her daughter boyfriend. I was uncomfortable, but just sat and waited for the Tiffany.
The dj started playing Usher's Here I Stand and the wedding party starts proceeding in and then Tiffany comes in on Whitney's I Believe in You and Me. WHY ME? I look at her and she looks so beautiful and tears well up in my eyes. Not only, because she looks beautiful, because the song just makes me think of what I don't have - A Love Life. So, I texted my girlfriend, Lolly.
Me: My friend looks beautiful...this is torture.
Lolly: I know...just keep reminding urself that ur turn is soon! Be happy for her and pray for her marriage to b successful and as strong as u want urs. Know its hard.
Me: I am extremely happy 4 her and happy to be here despite everything that's going on.
Lolly: I know...try to keep being positive. Its our turn very very soon! Relax and enjoy the day.
The ceremony was nice and quick. The menu was Oven Fried Chicken (darker than I like, but tasty), Mashed Potatoes with gravy, Pasta Con broccoli (it wasn't the Pasta House). The cake was great - vanilla, chocolate and yellow. They had the toast and Tiffany said, "It's time to get the party started." The dj started plays the Cupid Shuffle and then the Mariah Carey slide. I wasn't about to get all sweaty with Mariah Carey. Then the dj started Michael Jackson and we have a Michael Jackson dancer in the house and the kids are having a ball dancing. I'm ready to leave, but the dj is doing is job and I stay another hour, but I'm tired. The two glass of wine didn't help. I couldn't wait to get home to my bed, but I have to stop and get J some McDonald's. He wants the new Angus Bacon Burger with a Sprite (the number 15, I think).
I get home and talk to Lolly, because she going to a barbecue and asked me to join. I'm not interested. I just want to get chill at home and writing in my journal and watch a movie. I could here Jill Scott on Lolly end of the phone. The radio is play NeoSoul hour Slow Surely, which I forgot about this song. As right now the song is very fitting.
Now, I need to work on to get things in order. Get rid of Slow Surely and search for a new career opportunity. I know what's been missing and that's my daily walk with God. I said it and I'm not proud of it. I get so busy with daily life that I don't put God first or him on the shelve.
What's Missing In Your Life & How Are You Going To Obtain The Missing Piece(s)?

Hey You:) I saw this and copied from O.Knights blog to read every now and then as a reminder of the POWER of God. I think this is appropriate for you -L
ReplyDeleteToday's Word from Joel and Victoria
Your time is coming! The dreams and desires, the things you want to accomplish, the situations you want to see changed will happen. Just because it has taken a long time, or because you’ve tried and failed, don’t give up on those dreams. Don’t be complacent about pursuing what God has placed in your heart. I encourage you today — get your fire back! It may be taking a long time, but God is a faithful God. No matter how long it’s been, no matter how impossible it looks, if you’ll stay in faith, your time is coming. Every dream that’s in your heart, every promise that has taken root, God not only put it there, but He has every intention of bringing it to pass. Start declaring today, “My time is coming… God is working behind the scenes on my behalf… I will fulfill my destiny… I will fulfill the plan God has for my life!” As you declare and expect and wait for the appointed time, your faith will grow. Your hope will grow. And you’ll step into the destiny God has in store for you!
Joel and Victoria Olsteen
Thanks Free! I needed those words of encouragement. They are true. :o)
ReplyDeleteWhat is missing in my life is a career . But I am working on that so I am fine. I could also say that I don't have a love life either. But I am positive about that. I have so many other things that I am doing with my life that I rarely think about it anymore.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you realize what is missing in your life. I was going to say something, but I know from personal experiance that most of the time we know we just choose to ignore.
You will be fine.
@free2beme - I love Joel Olsteen!
ReplyDeleteKimmy... the fact you can honestly face what you're feeling is a start. You will be rewarded with all of your wants and desires friend!
Kim,
ReplyDeleteGod will give you the desire of your heart in his perfect timing. I really admire the closeness you have with J. Remember nothing is perfect. After your friend pulls the white dress off, the hard work begins. Marriage isn't easy.
I know how challenging it can be at times to combine how you've lived your life and your child's entire life, with a new spouse. God knows what he's doing for you and J. You two are sooo close. I love it.
Married people miss being single too. You see, everyone thinks of what it could be on the other side.
Wait patiently on the Lord, Girl. Let Him prepare a husband for you. Your boy is almost grown. You've bypassed a couple of headaches by taking on someone else's son while rearing J right now. I'm being light-hearted but serious.
Hi Lechelle,
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say that I've experienced the same thing. And this was some years ago. I share this w/you cause I definitely know your pain. I can tell you that it will be fine. Just stay open, do you, and everytime you meet a potential man ask God about him.
A friend of mine (whose married now. She got married around 38 or 39) told me that she always prayed this prayer upon meeting a possible mate: "God, if *insert name* is not for me, I ask that you remove him from my life."
I'm finally in a great relationship that I hope will go further. Do I pray this prayer?...Yes, ma'am. And he's still here and he's still good to me.
Much Love,
ChocolateOrchid
Thank you Ladies for your voice of encouragements, experiences and ensights. It's everything I needed from each of you.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
Lechelle,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all the comments on my blog. You're so sweet !!! I love your blog.
stay fabulous love,
xoox
Nini