Please set your DVR's to record American Justice tomorrow morning at 9am or 3pm cst for "The Bridge Murders," if you are unable watch live. Reginald Clemons is set to be executed June 17, 2009. I knew this young man between the ages of 11 - 13 years of age. My mother and I attended the church where his father was the pastor. My heart is extremely sad.
You can checkout these website for additional information.
http://www.justiceforreggie.com/ (View the case history)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin_Gray (He was executed in 2005)
It is important that our young men make good wise decisions in everything they do, because there are consequences if the don't. I have used Reggie's story along with The First 48 television show as a tool to help my son understand what life can throw your way.
Please let your voice be heard if you are compelled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will watch this Lechelle. Lord, I hate to see our young black men get caught up like that. This has to be a nightmare for everybody.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I have a boy too. We really have to stay prayerful and educate them. They will make mistakes, but they don't get a break even at young ages. I had to stay involved at my son's school and I still watch him as much as he allows to me.
I am torn when it comes to executions. Leaning towards not agreeing with people being able to decide to legally kill someone.
ReplyDeleteI hate to hear abouth things like this. I am sorry that someone from your past is going through this. I pray for his family at this time. I also pray for you. I hope that that the Lord will grant all parties involved peace at this time.
This is very sad. I think I remember hearing about this case through my aunt years ago.
ReplyDeleteWhat type of defense did he have? How could the sentences by so varied? Why wasn't it taken into fact he was beaten? Did they have a mug shot when he was brought in that showed his injuries were not sustained before his arrest? What in the world is going on?
How can you schedule to execute someone with a pending appeal verdict? This sounds crazy as heck.
They have probably bought this guy a life sentence or a retrial by being so ignorant.
kmr,
ReplyDeleteI don't understand it either.
I am so lost for words. I don't want to say much. However, having a son and understanding how easily things can go wrong in a young man's life. It is very disturbing.
ReplyDeleteThis case is very hard to piece together, because you have so many individual stories to factor in.
Thank you for bringing this to the forefront. This is a sad situation, I am at a loss for words. At this point I can pray. That's what I come up with for right now. I am to late to record the show. I hope that it will be on again
ReplyDeleteI watched this today Lechelle. You're right, there's so much involved in this case. Allegations of forced confessions, lack of evidence,conflicting statements,allegations of forced confessions. Oh, just really sticky.
ReplyDeleteEverything is just sad.
I still don't understand the verdicts. They were varied in severity despite real proof of who did what. This is so odd, it's puzzeling. In my opinion, they all should have received the same level of punishment. This case will lead to many debates regarding Missouri's judicial system.
I agree that one can pray. So many young lives, so sad.
Angela,
ReplyDeleteThank you for watching. It's just so much in this case. Missouri judicial system does looks questionable. There is more information that needs to be exposed about this case. I pray that an innocent man isn't executed unjustifully.
I'll keep you posted.