I learned a lot about working at the store and believe it or not I still use a lot of those skills to this day. Here are some of the skills.
- Learned how to give back change from purchase. Today, the register tells cashiers the amount to return.
- Excellent Customer Service skills. We had to welcome customer and vendors and establish relationship with them.
- Organization Skills. By stocking shelves I learned that everything has its own place.
What I remember most about my summer’s at the store.
- Angela and I learned how to pop gum. lol We would chew the Super Bubble Gum in the red, blue and yellow wrapper all day to learn how to pop gum. (We didn't pay for the gum...oops)
- Customers asking for Colt four five not Colt forty five. :o) Now, we were too young to sell beer, but we sold it anyway.
- Listening to the 70’s/80’s R&B music from Earth, Wind and Fire, Maze & Frankie Beverly, The O’Jays and etc. while working. The music was the bomb. Whenever, I hear them it takes me back to a happy place. :o)

- I remember getting tired of working and wanting to go upstairs to my uncle’s rooms and just chill with the television or just listen to music. They didn’t pay us enough for all the hours we put in. Where was the Child Labor Union when I needed then? lol
What really made them the BEST summer was just being with my family.
What summer memories put a smile on your face?

I spent most of my summers with my cousins. We would take trips. But mostly we would all stay over my grandparents house and just have fun enjoying each others company.
ReplyDeleteI also remember going to dance competitons in the summer.
Summer always puts a smile on my face. One or maybe two in particular come to mind when I was in my early 20's. My two bff's and I hung out everyday it seemed like. We didn't have a care in the world. We went out dancing, eating, shopping, and more shopping and eating and dancing. We just had plain old fun. I cherise those memories and I now realize that everyday that I'm living is the good old day.
ReplyDelete