A few weeks ago, I praised Darcy's Botanical. Today, I need to vent about Qhemet Biologics. I ordered Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist, Castor & Moringa Softening Serum and Tea Tree & Grape Seed Therapeutic Pomade from Qhemet Biologics. As a consumer, customer service and quality are high on my customer satisfaction list. In rating Qhemet Biologics, I would have to give them a decent grade in product quality, but they have earned a low grade in customer service. In this marketplace customer service is the more important than quality.
I received my order, on a Friday, from the United State Postal Service the box was somewhat opened, which I made a mental note. I was very excited about my product, but uneasy at the same time. I felt as though something was missing. However, wasn't sure until Sunday night when I ran across my printed order confirmation. I was missing the Castor & Moringa Softening Serum.
First thing Monday morning I was on Qhemet's website searching for a telephone number to no avail. So I emailed them and no response. Thursday, I was reviewing my bank statement and noticed a number for Qhemet. I called the number and the number wasn't a working number. I'm thinking WTF (sorry). Then I email again the following:
I emailed on Monday, May 14 and haven't received a response to the email. I'm concerned that I paid for Castor & Moringa Softening Serum and it wasn't included in my package. The package/box wasn't seal with any tape. Therefore, it could have fallen out during delivery. I would like the product replace or a refund ASAP. Can someone please response to my inquiry so I'll know it just not out in cyber land?
Here is the reply I received from Qhemet's customer service.
Hello Ms. XYZ,
The Post Office will not accept a box for processing that is unsealed, open or damaged. All of our boxes are properly sealed and in good condition at drop off. We have no control over who may open, rifle through or damage a package after drop off which is why we ask customers to insure their packages. We are not liable for the actions of third parties or postal workers, USPS is. A link to the Terms & Conditions page which contains our shipping policy is provided on the checkout page and was confirmed as read prior to order completion. A note provided on the checkout page (reposted below) tells customers to request insurance or signature confirmation in the comments box.https://www.qhemetbiologics.com/one-page-checkout.asp"I HAVE READ THE Terms & Conditions AND AGREE TO THE POLICIES THEREIN. (request signature confirmation or insurance for an added fee in the comments box below)."Claims such as this are the responsibility of the Post Office and the consumer (if they don't purchase insurance) and will eventually lead to mandatory insurance purchases for all Qhemet Biologics customers. We will issue you a credit of 10.00 for your purchase but any future purchases made will require insurance.
Who in the world doesn't agree to the Terms & Conditions? I wasn't buying a home just hair product.
This transaction has bothered me. First, the box was not reinforced with tape. Second, I paid $8.10 for shipping. Third, I need to purchase insurance on any future purchases. Qhemet doesn't have to worry about me purchasing insurance. I will not be submitting any future orders. I do believe that most companies insurance their packages/product when shipping and don't burden their customers. However, Qhemet believes it the consumer’s responsibility. What's wrong with this picture?
Have you ever experience consumer injustice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That SUCKS! I may be wrong, but I read "sister girl" all over their reply.
ReplyDeleteI've never purchased shipping insurance for something that simple. They should have sealed it properly. Maybe they should also include the cost of insurance in the shipping fee if they're going to be so snippy over mishaps.
Their future business decisions is none of your concern as a consumer. Gosh.... how unprofessional.
I agree with Angela. I have ordered from Carol's daughter over the internet. My package was lost. They were very helpful and they worked directly with UPS. I never purchase insurance on anything like that either. That company really needs to reevaluate how they treat their customers.
ReplyDeleteWith shipping $8.10, they should have insured the package themselves. I hope the products work out for you though.
ReplyDeleteI've been a little hot with them. The product is in my cabinet, but probably will not be used. I'll give it away. Why use something from a company you will never purchase from again.
ReplyDeleteSorry this happened to you because the products are awesome.
ReplyDeleteI never ordered directly from the company though. I scored my products through the swap boards.