J and I were up and out of the house before 11:30 am. I had to close an Uppercase Living party that was held last month. My hostess wanted to show her family and friends in another state the product before closing it. It turned off to be a good show. I sold $400 in product, which wasn't too bad.
Those of you who aren't familiar with Uppercase Living it's vinyl expression/words you can add to about any surface. I just love them. They add so much character to your home. Let me know if you are interested in learning more about the product. :o) Below is an express I have in my home.
Then it was time to eat, but I wasn't sure where we would dine. So, I went to my GPS Nuvi 750 for help. It listed all the restaurants in the area and we decided on Red Robin. Neither of us had been and didn't know what to expect.
We walked in a the place had so much energy from the bright red walls. There were pictures cascade of every possible thing you could imagine. I told J the pics would look nice in a basement movie room. When the menu was placed in front of us my eyes got big, because I wanted everything on it. My entree choices were the following:
- Whiskey River BBQ Burger,
- Burnin' Love Burger (J chose this one)
I went with the Bruschetta Chicken Burger with garlic chicken steak fries. YUMMY!
We will be dining at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers again!
After lunch, I dropped J off at Barnes & Noble. He loves bookstores and can stay there for hours. So, I knew that I could go to the Sprint Store and have my cell service and return and J still enjoying his time at the bookstore. I was right. When I returned he was still looking and reading books. I didn't rush him to finish. It gave me a chance to view the bargain books.
The bargain book section is an excellent way to try an author you wouldn't normally read at a "bargain" price. I love reading Walter Mosley, but only his Easy Rawlins series. Yesterday, I picked up Killing Johnny Fry to see if I'll still enjoy him as an author/writer without Easy. The book is very good and the price tag of $5.95 (hardback cover) made it even better. I also purchased Church Folk by Michele Andrea Bowen whom I have never read. The storyline is promising. I'll follow up later on my reading progress.
(J did purchase a new comic series by James Patterson.)
We stayed at the bookstore until it was time for us to head to J's Engineering Club meeting. He hadn't been there in some months due to school obligations. I sat in the foyer and read Killing Johnny Fry and talked on my cell. When we left I felt exhausted. I wished J could drive. I just wanted to get home and hit the bed.
When we got home I crawled in the bed with my Walter Mosley book. I didn't get far with my reading, because the telephone started ringing. Then, I needed to twist my hair and that's an hour process, but it gave me a chance to watch So You Think You Can Dance...oh how I wish I could express myself though dance. My eyes didn't close until well past 11:45pm, by the time, I finished my hair, surfed the web and whatever else I did.
Do you find your off days exhausting?

I had Red Robin while we were in memphis for the first time. It was tasty.
ReplyDeleteI have been missing So You Think You Can Dance and the really saddens me because it is one of my favorite shows. Gotta go to class though. My I can remind myself to tivo. I am so bad at that now. I just let it go if I miss a show. Maybe I am growing up.
It's on Tivo/DVR at all times. Therefore I never miss an episode.
ReplyDeleteLechelle,
ReplyDeleteThat's not diet food!lol. What is that? buttered bread and fries? lol!
J is such a sweet kid. I really miss having a younger child. My J was ready to grow up so fast I didn't get enough time with him before college. Enjoy your boy. He's a great kid.
Still, what happened to the challenge?
I love your vinyl wall decor! I want something for my laundry and baby's room. Don't worry about your car if it still runs.
ReplyDeleteI want a new car too, but I want a big girl's car such as a mercedes, infiniti, or bmw. I don't want to pay the car note though.
Angela,
ReplyDeleteI'll email you my website and you can view the expressions and colors we have available.
I'm like you I also want a "Big Girl's" car...Infinit, Lexus or BMW. :o)