I'm suppose to be discussing my weekend. :o) I had a GREAT weekend with my sister, K, and son, J. It was the first time K and I have traveled together. She got to see how her nephew, J, can be a pain in the neck. He wants things his way and can be very opinionated.

We pulled in Memphis after they had a severe storm Friday evening. On our way there we had received several calls warning us of the weather conditions there, which I knew they would have surpassed by the time we arrived. There were trees blocking lanes, street signal not operating and electric wires hanging from their poles. I was praying that our hotel would have electricity, which thank God it did.
After were got check in. I had to leave my sister and son at the hotel sleeping so I could spend some time with my "special" friend. It wasn't very special, because the city wasn't operating since most establishments were closed. lol He didn't have any electricity at his home. Therefore, we rode around talking and looking at the damage from the storm. GREAT FUN! NOT! lol
I got about three or four hours sleep and it was time to meet our blogger friend, Angela, for breakfast at Juniper's Brother. The restaurant has been feature on Rachel Ray's $40 A Day show on the Food Network. I was a somewhat suspect when we walked in to put our name on the waiting list. It's a casual, quant, and lad bit unappealing establishment. If Rachel Ray hadn't profiled I would have probably requested we go somewhere else. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. :o)
My meal was good! I had pancakes, eggs, turkey sausage and Kate's Fancy Fries (which I first glance I thought I made a mistake in ordering). The Fancy Fries were potatoes with green onions, green peppers, salsa and tomatoes and were good. It was my sister's idea to order. I should have taken a picture of our spread. My mouth is watering now for those pancakes. I had their organic coffee. I should have purchases a bag of the True Blue coffee beans, because it was really good coffee or the coffee here at work it just nasty. If you are ever in Memphis, you should plan on dining at Juniper's Brothers.
We really had a great time sitting at the restaurant just talking with our new friend, Angela. However, I did have a few people raise an eye when I said we were going to meet our blogger friend for breakfast. I thought it was weird of them. It wasn't like we were going to meet in a back alley. :o) We are in a public place having great conversation.
Here is a pic of us in front of Juniper's .
The main purpose of our trip was our cousin A's wedding, which to my surprise was nice. I hadn't seen him in years along with a lot of my family. So reconnecting with them was GREAT! I do have a few interesting details from the wedding, but I'll save them for another day. This posting is getting a little lengthy. :o)
I have to say that I really enjoyed meeting my blogger friend, Angela.
Have you connected with any of your blogger friends, if so how was the experience?

Girl I look big and crazy in that picture. Please help a sister out and x me out. I'll send you some more coffee as a bribe. lol!
ReplyDeleteThat shirt was made to be worn on the outside. That's a 15 pound lighter look, layers. Oooh, Weight Watcher's meeting at 630pm tommorow, no doubt.
I also enjoyed you guys. Hope to see you again.
I sorry that you are bored with your home town. Do you really think it is that or is it somethong else?
ReplyDeleteI have come to love my city. I thought when I went away to college that I would never come back. But when you live somewhere else for a while you learn all the negatives about that place too.
Do some soul searching. Experiance your town as a visitor would. Go to the tourist spots, stay at a hotel you have never stayed in. Vacation in your home city and see how you feel about it then
Sister, I'll take your advice and tour our city. I guess I need to allow the GPS to suggest some spots to visit. :o)
ReplyDeleteAngela, You look GREAT! I know you and I could loss a few pounds. Honey, it could be a lot worst. Let's count our blessing and exercise more, eat better and enjoy life. :o)
Love ya both!
Well, since I can't convince you. Please make another post really soon. lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm very bored with Memphis. I am. My husband won't consider moving due to their family business, but I would love to move to a Nashville as well.