My blogger friend, Angela, is not happy with the picture I posted of us July 16. She has shared her displeasure of herself in the pic via blog posting, email and text. She even sent me a nice picture to replace it of my sister, son and myself. I'm sorry, but the picture is staying. :o)
The picture doesn't reflect the appearance I want of myself, but it's me right now. (Remember photos add weight. lol) For the last couple of years, I have struggled with my weight. I know it has to do with my age, stress, eating habits and the inconsistent exercise program. My son is starting to make comments about my food choices.
It's not that I'm fat and disgusting. I just need to tone the triceps, back, abs, stomach and thighs. Most people wouldn't believe me if I told them my current weight. When I share with them they are shock. I just hide it well, but sometimes not well enough. I want to stop hiding it. I want it gone for good.
Here is what I am challenging Angela and me. You can join in. I will be in Angela's city the end of July, first of August. Then I would like to take a picture of us and post it showing our weight-loss. What does this mean? We both need to get motivate to loss weight for the challenge, since we were so unhappy with ourselves in the picture.
This is my new schedule for an active lifestyle:
Exercising
- Cardio (walking, running, biking or jumping rope) 4-5 times a week (SunTueWedFrSat). Did you know 1 minutes of jumping rope burnings 100 calories?
- Exercise bands or free weights 3 times a week (MonThrSat)

- Abs exercise 5-7 times a week. This is my problem area - weak abs = bad back.
I find it easier to exercise when I have music. Therefore, my iPod comes in handy.

Eating
- Incorporate more fruit and vegetables in my daily intake. Summer is the perfect time to eat fruits. I love homemade smoothies
1 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 (or 1 1/2) cup of vanilla yogurt
Put into a blend (add some ice if you use fresh fruit). Yum!
- Less meat and more soy for me. According to Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type, I should eat like a vegan. I have an interesting veggie juice.
5 leaves (or so) kale
2 stalks celery
1 cucumber
Place the veggies in a juicer and enjoy. (NOT! It's nasty, but good for you.)
A good nutrition website is Nutrition Diva, which is also a free podcast.
If you are interested in joining us, please take a picture of yourself before June 21 and another picture August 2. Let me know you are up for the challenge and I'll provide you with an email address to send your pics. I think it will be fun.
My goal at the end of the six week challenge is to have lost approximately 10 - 15 solid pounds. Angela, I hope you are up for the challenge.
What is a reasonable amount of weight to loss in six weeks?


Good Luck
ReplyDeleteYEAH GIRL!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea Lechelle. I joined Weight Watchers last night. lol. I'm going to hit the gym very regulary and start eating smaller more frequent leaner meals.
ReplyDeleteI'm also going to have to ease up on the frequent blogging to take care of my self.
I'm glad you are up for the challenge. I'm starting my balance life program tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWe all just in balance...exercising and blogging.
I'm a Anjela too..can I join? lol
ReplyDeletelol..you sure are an Anjela and you can also join. Love ya!
ReplyDelete