Friday, June 26, 2009

Where were you when you heard?


The day Michael Jackson pass will always be a day I'll remember what I was doing and where I was at. It has been a powerful musical day today. I love all the Michael Jackson songs. It has taken we back to some wonderful memories.

Here are some of them.

  • Standing in front of the dresser mirror doing the "Rock" with my fake microphone sing "Rock With You" on my record player.
  • Trying to do the moonwalk unsuccessfully. :o)
  • My one and only Michael Jackson concert as a tween.
  • Excited about the premier of the Thriller video.
  • Listening to my Jackson 5 Christmas album enjoying "I Saw Mommy Singing Santa Clause." :o)
  • Stephanie C. wearing the MJ glove to high school, it could have been junior high. I was quite hilarious then. lol



I downloaded some MJ videos on my iPod last night. (Remember The Time, Rock with You, Billy Jean, Thriller and another one I can't recall.)

My favorite Michael Jackson album: Off The Wall
My favorite Michael Jackson song: Man In The Mirror (I love the intro - I'm gonna make a chance for once in my life...)
My favorite Michael Jackson video: Thriller, but I love Remember The Time.

Where were you when you heard Michael Jackson was dead at age 50? :o(
I was working at my desk listening to the radio and if you know me I rarely listen to the radio.

I'm in total shock. I can't put my head around him leaving this world at 50. It just makes me realize again tomorrow isn't promise to anyone and put GOD first.

God Bless The Jackson Family in their time of mourning!


10 comments:

  1. I was home cooking eggplant parmesan for the fist time. When they said cardiac arrest at home, I knew he was dead or brain dead unless someone was really good with giving rib breaking chest commpressions quickly. I kept waiting for them to tell the truth. I was so distraught and in shock.

    When they finally announced it I was angry, death beat life again too soon for someone else. Why? Why didn't he take better care of himself? I somehow knew it would come to this.

    Why did he change so drastically? My best memories of Michael is "Off The Wall" and before. That was MY Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Course I loved The Thriller Album, but at that point I knew I would probably never marry him. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at home because our offices was closed because the air went out. My mom told me to get on my computer because they said that Michael Jackson had been rushed to hospital.
    Let me just say that my heart was an still is hurting. I keep thinking of his mom and other family members. His children.
    I have many favs but my song is P.Y.T
    Video- Remember the Time, Thriller, and Smooth Criminal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be scared of thriller. We had it on beta. Ha. Something about those yellow eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, you are funny. I think we all wanted to marry Michael J.

    Kmr, there were parts in the Thriller video I couldn't watch.

    When I got home from work I played Off The Wall. J and I just had a good time singing and dancing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in the car. I don't think I stopped crying until Saturday. He was so talented and he will be truly missed.

    Janie
    http://janieoutofdebt.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl.. I know its been awhile. I have been away for a week. Looks like a lot happened in such a short time.. I will truly miss Micheal J. He is a ledgend in my book. I am listening to MJ right now.. One of my favorites is Butterfies, Man in the Mirror, Heal the World, Got to be there, I'll be there, We are the World, I could go on and on. Thank you Michael for entertaining us, your music will live on♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jamie: Thanks you stopping by and giving us your feelings about the "King of Pop."

    Cici: I'm glad you ladies are okay. I was worry about you both. Yes, we are going to miss Michael. I also LOVE Butterflies. I downloaded it last night. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Post Lechelle!

    I'd just come home from work, was laying in bed before the nightly news began...and then Brian Williams comes in with a breaking news report. And...I really can't explain it...but when he said that MJ had passed...something couldn't quite register, so I yelled my housemates name until she came running into my room. Honestly, I'm still finding it hard to register that he's actually gone...his music feels soooo alive to me, especially over the last few days...that's the only place I'm findinig some sort of comfort. I haven't bought any new MJ, but will surely stock up in the coming weeks;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Chai, I still feel a sadness. I have never felt this way about an artist. It's strange.

    ReplyDelete